Cascadable absolute position measuring system
Vertical axes in high bay storage facilities or feed axes for profile machining systems often need an absolute position measurement in the range up to 20 m. Sometimes several positions also have to be absolutely detected simultaneously in a system, as with the adjustment of knives in reel slitters.
Although there are many possible solutions in the measurement range up to 20 m, most have system-related limitations.
Wire-actuated encoders are prone to wear, magnetic tapes are susceptible to ferromagnetic chips, position marks read optically with readers can become soiled, magnetostrictive measuring systems are limited in their measuring length, glass scales are unaffordable from certain measurement lengths and laser measuring systems cannot detect several positions in the same light area simultaneously.
TR-Electronic has closed this gap with the LMC 55: The cascadable linear measuring system is wear-free, thanks to its contact-free position measurement, and can detect the positions of up to 30 magnets simultaneously. Only permanent magnets move over the profile; these do not require a supply and therefore do not need a supply lead or cable carriers. Absolute position detection up to 20 m is available as standard. The flat housing of the linear measuring system can be installed flush with the floor and, as it has no beads, product residues cannot stick to it.
The cascadable measuring system comprises individual elements and can be made up to the required length directly in the machine by stringing the sensor sections together. Quick commissioning is ensured with a little technical skill and standard tools. The first version with Industrial Ethernet is now available with EtherCAT. There are also two traditional field bus versions with PROFIBUS and CANopen.
- Wear-free measurement up to 20 m
- Compact, convenient pieces made from strand-cast aluminium
- Closed housing, flat surface
- Flush (no beads or edges)
- Easy installation possible without special tool
Fields of application:
- Pneumatic workstations
- Reel cutter
- Wear-free Y-axis in high-rack warehouse (replaces wire-actuated encoder)
- Transfer vehicles
- Replaces easily soiled, optical axes e.g. in profile cutting machines
- Event technology etc.
- EtherCAT, PROFIBUS, CANopen
- 5/100 mm precise, absolute, contact-free position measurement
- Multiple measurement of up to 30 positions simultaneously
- Reliably tight system with protection class IP 65
- Can be installed in any position (automatic addressing)
- Device foot for mounting using holes or clamping shoes
LMC55 in our selector